Wednesday, June 2, 2010

My Internship

Im undergo my internship at MOX-LINDE company. I was assigned to work at nitrogen production plant, under tonnage department.
I still remembered the question my supervisor asked me on my first day."Ms Tan, what is the composition of gas elements in air and what is the boiling point of nitrogen?" Walila, BOILING POINT?!!! I can tell you the composition of air but not the boiling point. He proceeded then:" U better touch up with the gas properties har.."
==!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The boiling point of Nitrogen is -196 deg C,
The boiling point of Nitrogen is -196 deg C,

The boiling point of Nitrogen is -196 deg C,
This number was stored in my mind since then.LOL!


Before entering office,we have to make sure that the green light is on, when the red light is on,it shows it is oxygen deficiency area.

Everybody has to equipped with PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) whenever u want to enter the production plant.

  • Ear plug is needed as certain area exceeds the allowable desibel noise level


  • Safety shoes,i got a pair of brand new safety shoes,specially ordered for me as my foot size is too small. Stocks available are for guys i think.


  • Safety helmet of course!!


We have to ensure we work in
safe environment at all times.=)

This is the
CONTROL ROOM where TA(Technical Assistant) takes turn to work for 24hours. This control room can monitor three nitrogen plants at one time.



Here is my place!Ngek ngek.



I was given a
medical card even though im just a trainee.Thanks!


I was given a company laptop too.Toshiba branded,old laptop,very bulky,and i have to take it by my side everyday,to carry out my work and to check mail frequently. Nothing to happy about as it is Windows XP and Microsoft office 2003 and ALWAYS LAG LAG LAG!And hello everybody, i have to pay 6K++ if i lost this old antique!

A notice board was set up to calculate how many days the sites has been free from lost time injuries. It will be updated everyday!

Oh ya,one of the company rules,all the cars have to be REVERSED PARKING!

Due to the whole plants are fully automatically controlled,the office area is small, compared to those semiconductor companies. It does not require hundred workers to do the manual work.

p/s: I do not show the internal part of the plant,not that appropriate to post.=)

3 comments:

  1. Interesting. Like. Lol.
    But the plant does seems dangerous, having to equip with earplugs even.
    And the reverse parking part. Haha
    Have a nice internship experience. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. office 03 ma ! then convert to pdf only print! my company oso use 03 version ! so kedekut!
    jeff

    ReplyDelete
  3. emily,it is not dangerous if everyone follows the safety rules.The working environment there is good.All things are well organized and systematic.=)

    ya,and my TOSHIBA is very bulky that i need to carry it here and there everyday somemore.LOL!

    ReplyDelete